Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
In the US do you usually have doors with a handle that you can just Open when you have not locked or the ones where they go into like half-lock as soon as they close?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
nah, I'm in an apartment. Third floor. Ain't no one carrying my valuables 3 floors in front of everyone.

The gf and I have our own places still. That gets locked over night when I'm not there. I never lock it. My Pitt will take care of anything as far as I'm concerned

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I use to not lock the house if I was home until around 2004(wife). Now our doors are locked all the time.

I'm in such a habit now...even if I'm outback with kids and I walk in...I've locked the door. Kids didn't like that.

Didn't know you had kids though man I thouht you were really young
I'm old(48) with a young daughter (5)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Chubby it all depends on the type of lock a person has on their doors,there is no standard lock.
Eddie you must have a very well behaved pit to leave him in the home alone without him tearing the place to shreds.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like you've given him a good life.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I trust people, but I don't trust people

my doors are always locked. always. even if my daughter goes next door to play with the neighbor's kid, I lock my door and when she comes home she rings the doorbell

when Jehovah's witness come I crack the door to tell them i'm not interested but I never take the chain off the door, lol. and yet, when my neighbor asked if I can take him to pick up his daughter from school one time because his wife got hung up at work, I just handed him my keys and let him drive my car by himself to pick up his daughter.

I know that might be weird, but like I said, I trust people, but I don't trust people

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't even bother to open the door for solicitors.My front door has a a window so I simply wave them off and I don't even like to lend my car to the wife and other family members let alone a neighbor lol....

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I grew up in a small town in Oregon and we never locked our doors, not even if we were gone on vacation for a week. When my parents sold the house to some Californians in 1989 they were kind of pissed when my parents told them that we didn't actually have a key for the front door.

My dad also never took the keys out of his truck. Only once in thirty-plus years of this did his truck get stolen. Some drunk drove it home from the bar - his wife called the next day and apologized.

We live in the country these days and I do lock my doors when I'm gone most of the time. My son is only five (I'm another old dad at 42) so I have a while to decide. H can't really go anywhere on his own (other than the woods out back) until he is driving as we live seven miles from town, so I imagine his first house key will be when he gets the keys to a car.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store