Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,likely ratted out by jealous neighbors who don't have such parking options....and how generous of the authorities for offering the couple the option of going through the expense and hassle of building a carport or a garage for which they will have to pay for building permits in order to continue to use the parking space.

Reactions: tlindsey

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
I had a BLAST hosting this week's episode of Saturday LIVE! With Legendary Alex Cardinale! It was action packed! Can't believe this was our 10th episode already!
Find out what happened on this Saturday August 20th in history as I went over today in history!
I discussed why I LOVE bowling and how it turned into a hobby of mine! I also discussed my favorite restaurants and what I'd do if I opened my own restaurant or bakery!
Chef Alex made a delicious Reese's dessert called Reese's Fluff Waffle doughnuts!
I talked about Lorikeets from Palm Beach Zoo! Plus 7 funny videos and I compared prices from 1993 to today!
Missed the show? No worries! You can watch the video anytime simply click the link below! Enjoy!:

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; saw something yesterday. On my back sidewalk next to the house was a black wasp. The sort that flicks its wings every few seconds. The wasp was walking around an area near the brick wall. Near it was a fat spider. The spider was laying still on it's belly. I knew what had happened. Watched the wasp for a few minutes. The wasp eventually went back to the spider and started moving it. Eventually it dragged the spider into a weep hold in the brick wall. Those holes are in several places around the house for ventilation, I think.
Now i have a paralyzed spider inside my brick wall. Before the wasp left it will have deposited an egg on the spider. It had stung the spider with a venom which immobilizes the spider but lets it live. Over time that egg will hatch into a larva that eats the living spider. Not sure if the venom dulls the senses of the spider or if it feels the whole thing for as long as it lives.
I had known of this but never witnessed any part of it. Wish i had seen the battle. I saw a black wasp searching around the house the last few days. My guess is it was looking for a secure place to stash the spider and/or looking for a spider.

I leave most spiders alone except for a few dangerous sorts. Found a few black widows so far. Any one feel sorry for the spider?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; saw something yesterday. On my back sidewalk next to the house was a black wasp. The sort that flicks its wings every few seconds. The wasp was walking around an area near the brick wall. Near it was a fat spider. The spider was laying still on it's belly. I knew what had happened. Watched the wasp for a few minutes. The wasp eventually went back to the spider and started moving it. Eventually it dragged the spider into a weep hold in the brick wall. Those holes are in several places around the house for ventilation, I think.
Now i have a paralyzed spider inside my brick wall. Before the wasp left it will have deposited an egg on the spider. It had stung the spider with a venom which immobilizes the spider but lets it live. Over time that egg will hatch into a larva that eats the living spider. Not sure if the venom dulls the senses of the spider or if it feels the whole thing for as long as it lives.
I had known of this but never witnessed any part of it. Wish i had seen the battle. I saw a black wasp searching around the house the last few days. My guess is it was looking for a secure place to stash the spider and/or looking for a spider.

I leave most spiders alone except for a few dangerous sorts. Found a few black widows so far. Any one feel sorry for the spider?
Hello, sounds like the winged nemesis was a tarantula hawk?

Reactions: skjl47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store