Official Petsmart Kamfa Flowerhorn Thread

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Yes. Not the most common fish there, but my local petsmart seems to always have one on hand. Almost gotten one many times.
wow never seen one in mine! My petsmart in the city sucks though. I was blown away when I went to the one by my grandparents house in LI it was like a differnet world. Almost like a LFS. Really nice fish and A ton of variety. The one in the city always has chronic stock outs as well. I was also very impressed by both petcos i have been too. They even had discus!

Reactions: Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I hate Petco because they practically abuse the fish. When I went to get dog food, they somehow had a Largemouth Bass (no f-ing idea), and it was kept with a koi, who had 1 eye, and fins basically shredded. I never went back to that Petco again. Long story short, Petco has a variety of fish, but they torture their fish, so Petsmart is better :grinyes:

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
I hate Petco because they practically abuse the fish. When I went to get dog food, they somehow had a Largemouth Bass (no f-ing idea), and it was kept with a koi, who had 1 eye, and fins basically shredded. I never went back to that Petco again. Long story short, Petco has a variety of fish, but they torture their fish, so Petsmart is better :grinyes:
For both stores it all the depends on the specific location and there staff. I've been to bad petcos and petsmarts but the petco closest to me takes better care of their fish then any lfs within 45 minutes from me.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I don’t have many options for a close lfs so I’m stuck dealing with my local petcos/petsmarts. All of them have good days and bad days.
Petco = better selection but horrible health (I killed my saltwater tank with their fish)
Petsmart = generic fish but generally good health.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Petco = better selection but horrible health (I killed my saltwater tank with their fish)
Petsmart = generic fish but generally good health.
I agree, but I have a ton of other lfs around me. Coral Cave is one of them, with Pet Zone, Aquarium Fish Depot, and the other location for Pet Zone near us.

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I agree, but I have a ton of other lfs around me. Coral Cave is one of them, with Pet Zone, Aquarium Fish Depot, and the other location for Pet Zone near us.
Lucky. 45 minutes to anything good by me. Used to have one 15 minutes away but it closed.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
It is still 20-30 minutes from my house. Coral Cave is awesome though. They have such a HUGE Salwater selection, with plenty of corals, and a small freshwater selection. They always had a giant tub stocked with Bamboo Sharks and Cat Sharks, and then another tub with small Salwater Bass and Lobster. That was my favorite lfs to go to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store