Official Shark Week thread.....

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
It's that time of year again. Discovery Channel is airing it's week of shark....um....information (term used loosely).
First night is in the books.
Thoughts?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
I'd like them to stop with the great whites for once! They're just beating a dead horse! I'd like them to air something like the world's weirdest sharks, or the sharks that get so underrated by media. All Discovery is doing is trying to make a profit, with the great white shark being popular by the sponsors(not even the people anymore) they're are going to keep making shows of sharks killing seals in Africa.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
The new mini shark cage was cool but spending the whole episode looking for one shark yes kinda interesting but I felt a little disappointed. Guess I just wanted a little more. The before show seemed better to me. Guess I'm in for the informative part as much as just looking at sharks. Must say though after looking at great white claspers all night the stingrays definitely got nothing on them. Lol

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
DIDYSIS, they've already done that on that shark fishing conservation series thing a while back. Just fish for great whites for samples and identification. I would just like to see some smaller sharks that are just plain different. And this might be a stretch even for an "educational" channel, but what about a special on, get this, PREHISTORIC SHARKS. I'm not just talking about megalodon, but sharks like Belantsea_montana_250.jpegBelantsea. It just isn't that interesting after a while.

Belantsea_montana_250.jpeg

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Must say though after looking at great white claspers all night the stingrays definitely got nothing on them. Lol

Nothing says "I'm a male" better than a pair of claspers the size of a human leg. Haha

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
It started with Shaknado 2 on July 30

I wouldn't mind seeing The Goblin Shark...many people are not aware of this shark.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Let me know if there's a mako shark episode, my favorite shark.

But in my experience national geo and discovery has turned into crap.

The bbc knows what's up.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
For those wanting something other than fake shows that Discovery is playing, Nat Geo WILD has a week of sharks right now as well. There are some typical shows, but several a more specific showing a wider range of actual sharks.

And I mean, Nat Geo WILD shows are always the best, so why would you watch anything else, right? :)

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/sharkfest/episode-guide/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store