Official Shark Week thread.....

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This is cool. Shark week teamed up with "ghost fishing" a group that removes lost fishing gear from the oceans:
I had no idea lost gear was this big of a problem.
Me neither,interesting..I'd like to see a special on my favorite the zebra shark.

ichthusfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
southkorea,seoul/Texas
DIDYSIS, they've already done that on that shark fishing conservation series thing a while back. Just fish for great whites for samples and identification. I would just like to see some smaller sharks that are just plain different. And this might be a stretch even for an "educational" channel, but what about a special on, get this, PREHISTORIC SHARKS. I'm not just talking about megalodon, but sharks like View attachment 1030846Belantsea. It just isn't that interesting after a while.
+1

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I hadn't until now. That thing was a GIANT! So sad to see it getting chopping into soup.
I'd love to run across something like that in the wild....As long as I had my camera to prove it. Haha
Just let me know when your going for a dive, I'll have to join you:)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Wow no more Shark Week fans? I've personally been fascinated with Sharks since kindergarten age. I also like whales my favorite specie is Orca aka killer whale which were hunting Rays for the liver buy are now migrating to South Africa and wow mind blowing are hunting down the Great White for their liver because it gives them energy. The Orca figured out the a Ray was not worth hunting because not enough liver to share with a pod of them. Now Biologist are finding beached dead Great White bodies with only the liver removed.

Reactions: Deadeye

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Wow no more Shark Week fans? I've personally been fascinated with Sharks since kindergarten age. I also like whales my favorite specie is Orca aka killer whale which were hunting Rays for the liver buy are now migrating to South Africa and wow mind blowing are hunting down the Great White for their liver because it gives them energy. The Orca figured out the a Ray was not worth hunting because not enough liver to share with a pod of them. Now Biologist are finding beached dead Great White bodies with only the liver removed.
Although the Orca is called a whale it actually is the largest specie of Dolphin.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I love sharks too!
And orcas are just crazy...
Past few years I haven’t had the chance to watch too much shark week though. Caught part of an episode this year and that was it.
I’ve always wanted to come across a large shark out in the ocean. Obviously at a safe distance, but close enough to see it well. I’ve caught plenty of smooth hounds while fishing, but it just isn’t the same.

Reactions: tlindsey

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Shark Week is unwatchable. It's the same crap every with different celebrities thrown into the mix. The due from ''Jackass'' getting bit while doing something really stupid could have gone really bad. The kid is still trying to heal from that stunt.

Nat Geo seems like it is doing Shark Month. I haven't seen a program on there that isn't ''Shark Attack Files'' or something shark related for the past 3 weeks.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I have always liked sharks myself. I have loved every serious shark (and ocean for that matter) well made documentary I had a chance to see.
I continue to watch bits of things like Shark Week, but I agree that it has become almost unwatchable. A pity. Although with interesting tidbits here and there, and certainly excellent photography, the BS and celebrity show is just bad. This year it is particularly bad. Again, a pity.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I love sharks too. My favourite shark is Bruce, the shark with the deep Australian voice from Finding Nemo. Him and his two side kicks crack me up.

Sorry, that's all I've got. I've never seen, or heard, of "shark week", so I can't comment on that. Lol.

thumb-350-650609.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I love sharks too. My favourite shark is Bruce, the shark with the deep Australian voice from Finding Nemo. Him and his two side kicks crack me up.

Sorry, that's all I've got. I've never seen, or heard, of "shark week", so I can't comment on that. Lol.

View attachment 1467127
Rewatched the movie recently...
That whole AA scene is hilarious...

Reactions: esoxlucius
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store