Official Xingu Grow Off Thread!

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
I like the look of Tomka's Xingus (specially the last picture there) better than what Kendragon is showing. But I think Kendragon's fish is much older. Does that mean all the Xingus will loose their nice spots and silver greenish color as they grow up and end up like what Kendragon is showing?

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I like the look of Tomka's Xingus (specially the last picture there) better than what Kendragon is showing. But I think Kendragon's fish is much older. Does that mean all the Xingus will loose their nice spots and silver greenish color as they grow up and end up like what Kendragon is showing?
I totally agree with you. Check out page 20 of this thread. Mine had those spots when young too but end up brownish/yellow and you'll be lucky to have any kind of spotting or pattern.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
They may or may not turn out as gems... Sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My xingu is from the same batch as Kens and she has stunning colors. Jacanuba also has a few xingu that are near adult stage and they too are gorgeous. Sometimes ya win...sometimes you strike out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store