Oh No!!

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Well went on vacation for three days. Went out with my dad on our Harleys ( i have a electra glide and him a road king and a bunch others) to vermont and back. Well just got home and total tank destruction happened. My new Mota died and my new texas ate all my fish. I am very upset right now.:cry: :cry: The 40 was cloudy as hell and the 20 was completely destroyed look like a bomb went off. Anyways I asked my sis to take care of them and turns out she didn't feed them or even check on them. She cleaned the glass on the 40 with LYSOL!!!! Then she sprayed my room with air freshener because of the dead fish smell after she sprayed it with lysol! :irked: :irked: :irked: I am so pissed people please console me:( My favorite fish died too. My little buddy called Zakk he was my first cichlid. He was a Blue Ram. He was the best I loved him to death.:cry:

hayden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2007
nc
how old is your sister? sounds like she is seven years old. i am sorry your fish died.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
That sux! I'm going away for a week next yr. I have to find someone I can trust to check on my babies.

ewok

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Undisclosed Location in SOCAL
that sucks man. i hear you on that...
i experienced a 95% casualty rate in my fry tank after being gone a week cuz my roomie didn't know what she was doing :(
i think honestly your fish would've been ok 3 days without food. they'll be real hungry after that though.

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Thanks guys. I am still upset. My sis is 17 years old lol. She knows about fish and stuff but not much because she doesn't listen to me whe I tell her stuff lol. It was a fun weekend trip though I had a great time. My first time riding my Electra Glide far because I just got it along with my motocycles license. Oh and I know they are fine not being fed for 3 days I usually fast them for 5 days to clean there system. The tanks were just poisoned from the chemicals.:(

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
I felt bad when i got home from florida yesterday...I found a few of my dwarf cichlids dead and the filter was broken on that same tank...also one tank had so many plants die that weren't pulled out that it was almost opaque and brown...weird cause i put extra carbon in the filter before I left to clear up the tea colored water after my failure at replicating blackwater.

anyways, your story makes me feel alot better about myself...I am truly sorry though. I don't know how upset Id be if that had happened to me.

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Just to come find out as well. My Salvini spit sand in my intake of the Magnum 350 and now I am in the process of tearing it down and replacing the impeller and stuff. YAY! for extra parts lol. Glad I saved them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store