Oily water Surface

tyson

Stingray Master
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Tropical Island
arowanaclub.com
Still looking for the best solution or Ideas.....

My feed all my fishes Market prawns.

Keep them coming.... :1zhelp:

rollerboy244

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
In my 180 gallon aquarium i use a fluval surface skimmer-i think the trick is to use it in conjunction with a canister filter--it will clear up surface proteins quickly.
I tried the same thing in a 66 gallon,but a fluval surface skimmer hooked up to an aqua clear( hang on back filter)---just not the same.I know people have these because of finances but these type of filters rate of bypass are horrible--the path of least resistance is taken over the media and around the intake tube at the top--i might as well filter the water using an egg beater.
I think a good way of telling if you are getting good surfaces skimming is by seeing how quickly air bubbles from an airpump are released at the surface--because of the stronger surface tension caused by the proteins--air bubbles seem to carry across the surface of the aquarium longer instead of popping into the atmosphere.

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
tyson said:
Still looking for the best solution or Ideas.....

My feed all my fishes Market prawns.

Keep them coming.... :1zhelp:
Brudder....basicaly just get any device that can create current on the water surface....a strong powerhead operating near the water surface can do the job fine.

tyson

Stingray Master
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Tropical Island
arowanaclub.com
Thanks for all the recommendation.

I placed an order for a surface skimmer which come with a motor, at the recent Aquarama 2005.

Will take some pic of it when it comes. :)

tigerfish said:
get some old cut off hair the next time u get a trim, ad cheese cloth. it will soak it up, its true trust me :werd:
Wow.....I surprise this method works.

What's cheese cloth???
Can take a pic to show?? :idea: :idea: :idea:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store