ok my new lung fish is identical to this one here. Is this one of the rarer ones?

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
the first link looks like an australian lungfish "Neoceratodus forsteri".. they are pretty rare and are protected by the australian government since were close to extinction.. they are currently being bred in australia by only one breeder if i'm not mistaken..

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
well here it show same fish difrent name?
http://www.whozoo.org/fish/primbony/lungfish.htm (Marbled African Lungfish)

so what would a 12 to 14 incher run? mine is identical to this. did i get a fantastic deal and screw the store please tell me i did

zhuangsw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2005
haha, i know nuts about lungfish, so cant help u out here..

but thanks to you guys who shared the pictures and links. nice cool pics of another monster fish. =)

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
You got a pretty good deal on him if it's any lung. Not fantastic, but still pretty good... but if it was P. amphibious or N. forsteri, then you did get a fantastic deal. I just bought two N. forsteri for $450 each, and they typically cost around $700.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
ok heres some pics i took few mins ago sorry they so crappy. but they do let ya get clear look at oit

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
and a pic of my kitten and dog

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
yup thats an annectens alright like mine :) .. its normally called the west african lungfish.. grows up to 3ft and are said to be very aggressive to their tankmates especially when they're big.. mine's with some silver dollars so i'm not really worried about them getting beat up, just watch out for the tankmates in yours :)

the first link you posted is a different lungfish.. its an australian an is very pricey :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store