Olivers son

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have my fry grow out thread already, but I wanted to show a side by side of Olivers baby pic next to his son.
Of the five this is the obvious dominant male. Over the past week his colors have exploded. I just wish I could have gotten a picture in better lighting. I think in another couple weeks the orange on his tail will be thicker too.
He is going to be hard to let go of.
IMG_1300.JPG

aztsm

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Arizona
Looks great. Your fish grow like weeds.

I don't think I could let him go in your shoes. Time for a new tank ; )

Reactions: MrsE88

aztsm

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Arizona
My oldest spawn is from mid May I think and only one is over an inch with most still around 3/4" (estimate). The big one has really been pounding food lately and growing a lot quicker, but these rest are not heavy eaters.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
This batch is from May 9th I believe. Give or take a day.
The fry from another spawn currently in the tank with Greenie is already 1/2" at least. They are growing quicker then these guys I think. Both groups of fry will eat as much as I'll feed them, but I only feed 2-3x a day right now.

My husband was just joking with me today saying maybe we need a bigger tank since Greenie has been putting up such a bratty attitude lately. I'll be looking to rehome some plecos since she has decided she hates them. Ugh, such a pain in the butt.... but I love her.
I told him I could never say no to another tank! :)

Do you have any pictures of your fry? I'd love to see how they are coming along.

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
I really need my 2nd 125g up and running ASAP so I can SSS (snag some saum). Still waiting on getting a background cut so my tropheus can be moved back into their main tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store