OMG my bass laid eggs!!!!!

arowfan

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2008
North Jersey
www.stickam.com
ok so as of late (but I haven't had the time to really watch them) I noticed the smaller bass-the female guarding the nest like a hawk....and she has been guarding it so well that the larger bass-male I'm assuming? is on the other side of the tank almost always afraid to be next to her!
all of the spawning videos I've seen on the net between DM and Tounge33, all of the pairs I've seen are "one" so to speak...is this behavior normal??? Tounge33??

I'll get a video up tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about...
this is why I was asking if its possible that I have 2 females...

mjuniorc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fish Room
congrats...........:)

arowfan

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2008
North Jersey
www.stickam.com
hey all, woke up today to look at them, and there seems to be the early stages of fungus on the eggs =(
My camera has to be charged, and I have a wedding to got to today, so I'll have either some pics or a video tomorrow

:confused::confused:I need someones opinion on this::confused::confused:
The female seems to be protecting the nest, and is doing so well that she's keeping the other bass away from the nest! From the spawing videos I've seen, the pair is supposed to protect the nest.... I think I may have two females, what do you guys think? :confused:

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Sorry to hear that your having more fungus problems. Sweet that you have got a breeding pair.

arowfan

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2008
North Jersey
www.stickam.com
hey guys, I uploaded my video to youtube...but its too dark so I deleted it...gotta get a better lite video up tomorrow so stay tuned...

any thoughts about my last post:

:confused::confused:I need someones opinion on this::confused::confused:
The female seems to be protecting the nest, and is doing so well that she's keeping the other bass away from the nest! From the spawing videos I've seen, the pair is supposed to protect the nest.... I think I may have two females, what do you guys think? :confused:

arowfan

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2008
North Jersey
www.stickam.com
[YT]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7v1BuA7D3aM&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7v1BuA7D3aM&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

this is the aggression that I was questioning from the female...the male is almost "scared" and stays in a corner of the tank...before their first spawn, they both would blow their gills up at each other, and then swim together-that to me is normal...but this isn't to me! -freshwaterfishing, this looks ok to you?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store