On the road to saltwater

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
hydro yes, get 2 circulation pumps, uv lamp uneccessary, wont need anywhere close to 100lbs of sand, probably 25-30lbs tops you dont want a really deep sand bed, start with about 50lbs of live rock look around on craigslist u can usually find it for 2-3 bucks a lb or better. good luck
Uv to keep their pinkish purple algae off the glass

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Bump! still need suggestions from people! For example, are protien skimmers completely nesessary? My LFS has a bunch of saltwater tanks and the owner says she doesn't use protien skimmers on any of them! I know it really helps but what would I have to do to keep my tank with out a protien skimmer? More water changes? Nothing at all?.. Let me know what you think.

Fishboynick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2011
Santa Cruz
Bump! still need suggestions from people! For example, are protien skimmers completely nesessary? My LFS has a bunch of saltwater tanks and the owner says she doesn't use protien skimmers on any of them! I know it really helps but what would I have to do to keep my tank with out a protien skimmer? More water changes? Nothing at all?.. Let me know what you think.

Dude you can barely afford freshwater. How is it that you think you can run a 70gal salt. Takes more money. Not trying to be a jerk at all but you won't be able to do this without steady money.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Dude I never said I couldn't afford freshwater, I'm doing fine. I've got about 800$ coming in this summer To start it. Plus still not sure if I'm gonna do it just want to see if Connors works out and if it does well then we'll see.

Fishboynick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2011
Santa Cruz
My logic is this, it is more worth it to save money for... Lets say two years and get everything that you want and need. Than scrape/scrimp a tank together, and two years later look back and kick yourself because you spent more money. Not to mention that it's not easy to do it that way. Much better for your fish and you. To set it up and let it purrrrrrrrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store