One of many new projects

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
The amlost exact same story happened yo be but he was labled as a firemouth. Very interactive but died to a heater malfunction a month or so after purchase.
Awe I’m sorry:(
I’ve come very close to losing fish from a heater. I think I caught it just in time.

Reactions: Jexnell

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
They are even more interactive than you think. Mine I got from petco 2 months ago loves to be held and have his scales rubbed and he likes to be gently picked up and tossed. I know he enjoys it because he swims back into my hand when I let go of him and I know he's had enough because he bites me. If you want to try this on your flowerhorn when it is larger be very careful because some fish are not into it and it can really stress them out. I only do it between a waterchange every 2 weeks or so. This is him about a month ago. He is about an inch bigger now and more colorful I will have to update soon.

IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0239.JPG

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Am I the only one that doesn’t have a petsmart that sells flowerhorns? I’ve never seen them there. Petco yes but never petsmart.

Reactions: tlindsey

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Am I the only one that doesn’t have a petsmart that sells flowerhorns? I’ve never seen them there. Petco yes but never petsmart.
Mine doesn’t sell flowerhorns. This is a “Jack Dempsey” :p lol

Seriously though, mine doesn’t have any they purposely sell. The petco I go to sells them very rarely. But this is the first petsmart I’ve seen one at.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
They are even more interactive than you think. Mine I got from petco 2 months ago loves to be held and have his scales rubbed and he likes to be gently picked up and tossed. I know he enjoys it because he swims back into my hand when I let go of him and I know he's had enough because he bites me. If you want to try this on your flowerhorn when it is larger be very careful because some fish are not into it and it can really stress them out. I only do it between a waterchange every 2 weeks or so. This is him about a month ago. He is about an inch bigger now and more colorful I will have to update soon.

View attachment 1347537 View attachment 1347538 View attachment 1347539
Yours looks very nice. Very handsome guy.
I doubt I’ll ever play that game with mine. I’ve just started trying to hand feed. He will wait right at the surface but hasn’t taken it from my hand yet. But that was just the first try. So we will see how it goes.
I’ll be happy to handfeed, have him chase hands, and play peak a boo. Lol

Reactions: Jexnell and Rob909

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Is it just me being hopeful, or is there a very tiny bump forming?

EE34570E-ED8B-4BA0-BAC9-63229292089B.jpeg

His color has darkened up a bit and looks like just maybe there is a red base under his greenish coloring. I really hope it will eventually work its way up.

I didn’t expect to like him so much, but is has been a fast favorite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store