One proven way to treat ich/ick

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Either way will be good like jeaninel jeaninel mentioned.

Jeff5347

Exodon
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Ah def thanks guys and thanks for the heads up on temp.
Even if I have food surface agitation should I stay at 78?

I did a 60% water change, ..added my usual stress coat +, stress zyme and prime and will be adding the quick cure... 2 drops per gallon..thank god I don't have a huge tank and only need 150 drops lol

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
78 should be fine since using meds now.

Reactions: Jeff5347

Jeff5347

Exodon
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
OK so 3 days has gone by with 3 dosings. They look better but I still see a few sporadic ick on the same fish. The bottle says do a 25% WC ...and repeat. So I'll do a WC tonight ...should I start my 3 day dosing again tonight after the WC or WC tonight and start dosing again tomorrow

Reactions: kno4te

shunaiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2017
India
Guys please help me.. my flowerhorn is in a very critical condition.. i need your expertise.. please reply

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Guys please help me.. my flowerhorn is in a very critical condition.. i need your expertise.. please reply
Post in the disease section. Post details of ur tank with water parameters etc.

Jeff5347

Exodon
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Well I'm happy to post it has been a week of dosing quick cure. After the 2nd dosing period no ick that i can see. I've kept the temp at 82 for now and once a week goes by and all is still good I'll slowly drop back down to 78. Thank you everyone for the help

Reactions: kno4te and jeaninel

ChrisO11000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2017
thanks much, i just encountered ich for the first time. I am almost through the treatment and all the fish look much better. I think I am lucky and only lost 1 fish.

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Okay I was trying to be patient with the ick salt/temperature treatment but today I lost both my motaguene and my managuene. I kept reading that after 3-5 days that the treatment would work and that it would get worse before it gets better. And I know I can't do a treatment along with salt. Is there anything you guys recommend? I picked up Tetra Ick Guard as I was hoping it was one of the more mild chemical treatments.. because I've lost fish to ick once before and I blamed the treatment I used. Thoughts? Please help if you know a way. My fish and I thank you.

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Okay I was trying to be patient with the ick salt/temperature treatment but today I lost both my motaguene and my managuene. I kept reading that after 3-5 days that the treatment would work and that it would get worse before it gets better. And I know I can't do a treatment along with salt. Is there anything you guys recommend? I picked up Tetra Ick Guard as I was hoping it was one of the more mild chemical treatments.. because I've lost fish to ick once before and I blamed the treatment I used. Thoughts? Please help if you know a way. My fish and I thank you.
In addition, my sinspilum is also being very lethargic and it's concerning because he is not showing any white spots whatsoever.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store