Nov 14, 2005
Mobile, AL
lewa9918;607093; said:
I hav 1ick infected golden gourami

waited 4 a week but virus did not spread:headbang2

need answer urgently:irked: :confused: :eek: :( :irked: :irked: :irked:
ICH is not a virus...
Ich is a protozoan ecto-parasite.
And a very nasty little bugger at that...
You waited a week!?!? Your lucky you still have a Gourami or any other fish.

See either Guppy's or my intial posts, I've quoted a in-depth article I wrote, and it has links to other articles/discussion, pics and treatment advice.

Your answer is in this thread... Read.

braddawson09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2006
canada
Impressive looking Clown Loaches and young Oscars are notorious for getting Ick after they are home in your tank.

i wish i would have known that i got those fish at the same time a week later they have ick and so does my columbain sharks im trying the heat and salt .

T

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Fish Island
okay.. i coudl actually see the ick swimming in my tank. thats a lil crazy kinda creepy. but one of m clown loach is covered but all my other fish are fine. but i treated the whole tank threw in a grip of salt.. just wondering if my rays will be okay with all the salt?

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
Guppy your right a very old way, many times in life people don't under stand the fact the older is better than anything NEW, take a old GTO 69/70 maybe ( nothing like it )
that was a awesome post

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
FishSkins;616489;616489 said:
Guppy your right a very old way, many times in life people don't under stand the fact the older is better than anything NEW, take a old GTO 69/70 maybe ( nothing like it )
that was a awesome post
Are you hitting on me?:naughty: :ROFL:

ChrisG23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
Allentown,PA
***UPDATE***

All fish apear to have been eraticated of the ich, and for that i can thank all the help from you MFK members. :headbang2 My problem now is very cloudy water. I had been running only the micron filters in my mag350, and i think that may have helped the bacteria. I have done a 20% w/c two days ago and a 50% yesterday and another 50% today. The tank is a little better but i gotta let the fish adjust, I'm afraid of overdoing it with the w/c's. Will this cloudiness continue untill i drop the temp to normal levels? Thanx all.....ChrisG23

Brooklynella

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2006
LI, NY
Atarax;278418; said:
I'm assuming this advice was meant for treatment in freshwater tanks. What would be the method for saltwater? same treatment of raised salinity and temp?

Lower the salinity in saltwater tanks. It is also possible to give saltwater fish a freshwater bath to kill ICH but this can be risky.

Diatom filters work really well too.

-Asianguy-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Honolulu
well i now have ick in my community tank. filled with tetras loaches gurami angel fish and other laid back guys.

I've notice yesterday that the fighting fish and mollies have a few spot. so i took the advice on the thread and went to the pet store to buy the salt.

me: you guys got aquarium salt.
fish guy: yeah we do you want to make a salt water tank?
me: no its to kill ick. is there a difference between that kind of salt and the salt for fresh water?
fish guy: no we just use hawaiian salt.

so after a few talks with the guy i find out that they just use hawaiian salt aka sea salt. i already got it since we use it for cooking. (its real good on steak) but he tells me salt really kills the plants and to take it out.

but what i wanted to know is how much does store bought aquarium salt cost?

I'm goin to try it and let you know know it works for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store