One tank and loving it.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Sent from my SCH-R970C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I am sorry you feel that way, but I completely understand. I guess you just have to find the right ballance. A tank that you enjoy but that is not too big to be a burden. For me that is what my 60 gallon offer. Maybe you should just try only stocking the 33 gallon until you are done with school. I'm sure you will be able to find an enjoyable stock for a 33 gallon.
yeaahh... i like mostly cichlids so i would prbbly keep on with my 60g.. usually my 33g is for growouts, im cycling it now without any fish in it..
do u think i should let go my midas and my endli?

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
do u think i should let go my midas and my endli?

It just depends. I let go of my red devil because in the end I preferred to keep jack dempsey's if I was only gonna have one tank. If there is something you would love more then I would say yes, but if you love the midas and endli then keep them.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I have a baby coming in 3 months and I am downsizing to just 3 tanks, I think ill be alot happier having less tanks but more quality set ups. It's expensive to keep all of them running and stay on top of replacing a hodge podge of aging equipment.

Quality over quantity

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
OH.. I wish this thread was posted 8 months earlier!! My hobby is beginning to become my job....Just feeding my tanks takes over an hour a day:irked: too much preparation of frozen foods. I think I need to combine all my tanks into 2 big tanks. Getting out of hand for me.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
OH.. I wish this thread was posted 8 months earlier!! My hobby is beginning to become my job....Just feeding my tanks takes over an hour a day:irked: too much preparation of frozen foods. I think I need to combine all my tanks into 2 big tanks. Getting out of hand for me.

Whoa! That's a long time just to feed them. It is very easy for things to get out of hand if you don't practice self control. That's exactly what happened to me. I just simply wanted and ended up getting more then I could handle. That really took all the joy out of it for me. I'm really loving my one tank and I love having a tank that's a manageable size for me and that don't overwhelm the space it's in. This was a lesson learned for me.

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
The whole point of fish keeping is to enjoy the hobby and not feel like it's a big chore. Good job on making the decision to concentrate on 1 tank.
Yup !!!!

I am likewise downsizing, not tanks but the number of fish I keep. After sometime, realized I only enjoy certain species of fish. So I have been selling/giving away the once that someone will appreciate better.

Do what you need to do to make this hobby fun and not become a chore !!!

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia

It just depends. I let go of my red devil because in the end I preferred to keep jack dempsey's if I was only gonna have one tank. If there is something you would love more then I would say yes, but if you love the midas and endli then keep them.
ouuhh yeaah, i already put my midas in the pond.. i re-landscape my tank yesterday and my endli looks happy to be alone.. i put some more driftwoods in there.. he's happy im happy :)

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets

Whoa! That's a long time just to feed them. It is very easy for things to get out of hand if you don't practice self control. That's exactly what happened to me. I just simply wanted and ended up getting more then I could handle. That really took all the joy out of it for me. I'm really loving my one tank and I love having a tank that's a manageable size for me and that don't overwhelm the space it's in. This was a lesson learned for me.
Easier said than done!! 'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction'. It's the single most common factor that drives most of us(MFKers) even though most of us won't admit it. MY NAME IS VINCENT AND I'M A FISH GREEDY ADDICT! :drool: I have considered downsizing but instead I find myself adding more and more as my fish won't stop growing.

images.jpg

images.jpg

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I completely understand where you are coming from. I am cutting down on my amount of tanks as well. I am at 3 now and I am content. I actually put two tanks up on craigslist and sold one this morning. Never thought I would ever sell a tank.

Currently my largest is 75, if I had to have just one tank I would want it to be a 125. I love CA cichlids and would want enough room to house all the types I currently have split between two tanks and I think a 125 would do it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store