Status
Not open for further replies.

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
Nice oscars guys. WOW this is a big league!

Casper2000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
New York City
draknurd;2207246; said:
That's an Oscar for ya, big, fat, and lazy. Kinda like me :naughty: except for feeding time.
LOL. I should start a thread on lounge "how many MFK'ers here actually work out and are active" (I'm not one btw haha). It's odd though because the tiger is always cruising and the albino just kinda chills

draknurd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
KS
Hi fellow Oscar buddies, just sending out the new news. Just picked up a 55g with hood, lights, and aqua clear 300 for $30.00. Here's link to forum http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...d.php?t=174299
also found this guy for $29.99 at LFS. It pisses me off that they take fish for free then charges me for having to have it.

He is 6".

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
Nice clown Loache!!!!!!!

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
draknurd;2219244; said:
also found this guy for $29.99 at LFS. It pisses me off that they take fish for free then charges me for having to have it.
He is 6".
Very nice find you got there. My 3 6-inchers were $30 each, too. But I was glad to even find them at all. The shop said they'd gotten them in from a wholesaler and they'd been there like a month and everyone thought they were too expensive and didn't buy them. To a Loach Lover like me it was like Christmas! It takes years for them to get just 6".

WakinAZ

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2006
Tucson, AZ
robynsfish;2204560; said:
...any suggestions on what to feed him to brighten him up some? ...
Try freeze-dried krill 2-3 times a week to bring out reds and oranges. Usually the clean water and better feeding a dedicated hobbyist provides is enough to bring the colors up a notch or two.

Rescue O's are the best - you don't have to wait to see how they're going to turn out and they're already *BIG*. If I had a huge tank or indoor pond, I would just fill it up with all the oscars and other unwanted bigguns from craigslist, etc.

draknurd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
KS
gmachine19;2220065; said:
can i put a 6 inch loach my juvie oscars?
Oh yeah, Oscars can not touch him and he leaves others alone. If a CL is going to get eaten he goes in head first so he can use his spines to loge in the mouth. If this happens feel bad for the hunter because he is in for a bad day

draknurd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
KS
TwistedPenguin;2220041; said:
Very nice find you got there. My 3 6-inchers were $30 each, too. But I was glad to even find them at all. The shop said they'd gotten them in from a wholesaler and they'd been there like a month and everyone thought they were too expensive and didn't buy them. To a Loach Lover like me it was like Christmas! It takes years for them to get just 6".
Nice I hope to find a few more, I also want to start a colony in the new tank. Maybe 5-6

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
I've got my 5" Veiltail Oscar in a 130 g with 6 Clown Loaches, 3 of them are 6" and 3 of them are 3"-4", she's fine with them. I tried Silver Dollars with this Oscar and it was a chasing frenzy but she's never even acknowleged the Loaches. The Oscar does have to go hide in the corner with her earthworm or the Loaches take it away from her lol
One thing about Loaches-they really need to be in groups, the bigger the better but at least a trio of them. I don't like to keep them in groups less than 6 myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store