]\/[onster Plecos

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
Got a 12" L25 7 point, was hoping for it to be more black but its still awesome!

Great score, it's stressed and should settled down into a darker base. When you keep these for long you will notice there colors will intense with mood.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Thanks mike, hopefully it does that :) when you first got yours were they recluded? Ive had mine for 2 days now its still hiding in the cave of sand he made with his tail lol o and can you sex it from this photo?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Nice pick up!

jtizzle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Austin, TX
Just read this entire thread. Outstanding. I stumbled on the read as I was reading about others that have L330. I just picked one up 7" along with an L27 3". Very excited to see them grow!

Jim

Jer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Colorado, USA
Holy crap.....how big is that 'white' clown loach? Oh yea, how big are the plecos too?
I could be wrong but I don't think he's white. I've got four very large clown loaches (probably nearly 10 years old) and they get this weird translucent color and do some sort of fighting/mating ritual that involves some rather loud clicks as they flick each other with the burrs that extend from the sides of their faces that you can hear from across the room. If you used a flash (like it looks like he did in those photos) they would show up about that color. I'm not him but that's my guess as mine do the same thing. Usually coinciding with water changes and other water parameter variables. I had hoped it was a mating ritual but I've yet to see little guys running around so I doubt that it is or if it is there's a component missing that gets them to that next step in the process. It's wild to watch though as it goes on for hours and they're quite aggressive for what are normally docile fish otherwise.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
P3080238.JPGP3090244.JPG

Hard to get a measurement on this one, it will not hold still for it. But it is 17" ish.

P3080238.JPG

P3090244.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store