]\/[onster Plecos

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
ive heard of a 20" one, but without a ruler next to the pic, i wont ever know, because in my opinion, they are quite bulky and even at 12" look like they are quite big in photos. the L24 and 25 are fish id love to own... maybe someday. i here they are real slow growers, specially towards the 15"+ specimens
bust thing i have found to help the pseudocanthicus grow is lots of fresh prawns / shrimp raw, all of mine grow quite fast compared to before i started feeding them this. now i can tell a difference.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
have they coloured up nicer too. i swear by a lot of protein (even for veggie plecos) just makes the colour so much more vibrant. are all your pseudocanthicus getting along ok still after initial scraps?

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
have they coloured up nicer too. i swear by a lot of protein (even for veggie plecos) just makes the colour so much more vibrant. are all your pseudocanthicus getting along ok still after initial scraps?

yup colors are great and everyone is fine i even added another 10" L25

i also added some caves and my big L25 has takin over it and keeps trying to court my L273 into it, im pretty sure my L273 is female :)

quix

Candiru
MFK Member
May 20, 2005
Singapore
Hi..Although high protein diet is great for the carnivores or omnivorse..I would really advise against giving a high protein diet to plecos like panaques whose diet should really be predominantly wood plus some vegetable matters which wont harm them. There has been researchers who found that panaques fed on high protein diet will eventually get intestinal probs and live a short life (potentially dead within 5 years). some protein a couple of times in a month is fine, but they seriously do not need it often. In fact they can do well on wood only diet plus some supplements occasionally. Juz two cents worth. :)

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
im not a panaque keeper really lol. i just meant most people feed there plecos veggies, algae wafers or hope algae would keep em alive. i was just saying its important for veggies to ALSO have a varied diet, like panaques and ancistrus etc. there aint a pleco that is just vegetarian. but your right without roughage and lignin panaques dont do well. but you should supplement :thumbsup:

tb_077

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2004
Chicagoland area
Joefish;489203; said:
heck ya it does tony!

speaking of YOUR plecos.. i think were all waiting to see pics!!

joe

I'm still working on getting a full body pic of the gold fella. He loves that damn flower pot.:irked:

You keep nagging me about the pics Joe.... I'll sue you for using that avatar!!!:swear:

:j/k: :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store