Opinion on seal on 180G

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Would appreciate someone’s opinion on the sealant on my 180 gallon Aqueon
It’s been up and running since before last summer and I’ve always noticed that on some edges of the tank the glass wasn’t particularly flush or smooth with the sealant. The tank was levelled appropriately and I really had no issues at all so far. What does concern me and if I’m honest give me sleepless nights is what I’ve highlighted in the photos on the front left corner. When viewing the tank from the front there appears to be a clear line where the glass is missing a thin layer of sealant. You can see in one picture where my finger is next to the line and if I place my finger on the side of the tank you can clearly see the shadow form for my finger. I don’t really know how else to describe it but it’s obvious that there is a tiny overlap of the glass edge. If you rub your finger along the edge from the outside you can fill the glass overlapping just slightly. If I’m honest I think it’s always been there but what I’m worried about eventually is whether this is a sign of the finder of the sealant.

I apologize for the crappy picture with the reflection but you can see the clear line that is evident from the top to the bottom of the tank on this one side in particular

I guess I really want to know whether anyone can tell me that this will be safe long-term. I have nightmares about the tank cracking on the sealant finally

6ECEC44B-7B0F-4B38-BBDB-B528AFD74663.jpeg 8F59EB20-D388-4B8E-9D9F-47537F063B8D.jpeg B2B38843-1C1B-4C26-BA7D-6F35CA4A42E6.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store