Opinions on adding a Flagtail

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I’m not too worried about it fitting in my current tank. That would be a grow out tank. I’ll only get the flagtail if I get a bigger tank first so I won’t have to plan on rehoming or scrambling to get a bigger tank the way I did with my terrors. I’d want to have everything set this time:)

Always good to plan ahead. :thumbsup:

I believed it grew from 3”-4” to 12”-13” in 1 yr
Yeah, not sure why people are stating these are slow growers, that has not been my experience. Certainly they don't grow to 14+" in under a year, but sloooow to grow, not that I have seen when given good conditions. The first 10" will come fast.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Mine grew from 4" to 9" in about a year in my 150g. I want to note, though, that he started to show health problems, namely clouded eyes, around the year mark. I'm not sure why as I did 2x/week large water changes and all other fish were healthy.

He was moved to my 360g a few months ago and his appearance and growth improved noticeably. He's grown 2" since and his eyes are clear as glass again and is looking great.

One of my favorite fish by far. Huge appetite, always using his big ass lips to suck on the acrylic and driftwood, and randomly chases my dithers around for fun. Never any aggression from mine and is inseparable from his BFF Pearsei.

I only have blurry pics of my flagtail, so enjoy one of the pearsei instead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store