Orange (dwarf) Pike !!!

GIjoe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
Austell, Ga.
Hey guys, Ken Davis (fishfarm) has just got in some orange pikes that are not true dwarves but they stay 6-8". Which for an orange pike is definately dwarfish. I kept this pike about 8-10 years ago. I fed it everything for about a year & it never grew. I thought it either had parasites or was a runt. But later on I was told that an orange did exist that stayed relatively small & kept it`s orange color longer than the regular orange pikes. The one I had colors was not as pronounced but they were beautiful. The price is only $8 each. Just a heads up. Get in touch with him, if enough guys were interested to make the trip to the post office worthwhile, he might be willing to ship priority, at your own risk. Can`t hurt to ask. HTH.......Keith

P.S. I`ll be personally going out to his place asap.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Yeah I saw that. Do you know the scientific name for them? I've heard of the 'dwarf' 'xingu I' looking pike, but never have actually had anyone confirm it or find anyone who had actually kept any. That would be very kewl if you could get pictures and what not!! Awesome prices too!! Kens got some awesome fish and deals a lot of the time!! ;)

GIjoe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
Austell, Ga.
I`ll do that this weekend when I go pick up my 5 or 6.:naughty: I have personally kept this fish albeit unknowingly. There`s a pic in the aqualog pg. 31. It is a known species. I guess I
could understand the skepticism, because this is not a regularly available species. So all you doubting Thomas` can let this nice deal slip away but I can`t. I have a 92 corner tank with thier name on it. A couple of hrps, septemfasciatus, & some bulleri (growing out) as tankmates, SWEET. Later guys.......Keith

Scatocephalus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Rio Negro
I've got my 6 on the way!!

The picture in Aqualog looks like a juvenile Lugubris group pike. As they mature do they take on a different pattern?

GIjoe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
Austell, Ga.
The one I had bulked up some, but it pretty much kept the same coloration the whole time I had him. I`m getting six also. They also pretty much got along with whatever couldn`t fit in their mouth. HTH.......Keith

Scatocephalus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Rio Negro
They are so similar to Xingu I it's incredible. And not to change as they mature is bizarre. I wonder if they live with Xingu I and swim amongst the fry for protection by the parents?

Scatocephalus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Rio Negro
Not too good. They have been hiding behind the driftwood and this pic was taken with me tippy-toeing leaning against the wall so cut me some slack!! :)

Cr. sp. Santarem Dwarf Orange 8.17.06.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store