Ordering New 440/480 any advice?

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
It dose have the power outlet so it can control things. Most people use it for Calcium reactors, but there are some many uses its crazy I love them and they are not expensive. The Mw401 dose the TDS.

Reactions: dr exum

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
i’ll be ordering from Fish Tanks direct from now on.... local guy here is a nutsack....
Interesting. From searches here ,FTD and Midwest Custom Aquariums seem to be the two builders that are most recommended by members.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
T Tj203 - looks like it processed the nitrite ?

that mean it’s go time? can open it up?

would be good as i’ve got higher nitrates in tank and cannot water change for couple days -

607C82E5-7AC5-41C9-A55B-6603552F6966.jpeg

Reactions: Tj203

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
T Tj203 - looks like it processed the nitrite ?

that mean it’s go time? can open it up?

would be good as i’ve got higher nitrates in tank and cannot water change for couple days -

View attachment 1452440
Yes that means it is done cycling!!!!!! Woo-hoo. i would keep it where you have it for another 12_24 hours and open it very very slow like just enough to feel that Needle vavle move like 1/32nd of an inch lol. This is where the ORP makes it ez as u done have to keep checking the nitrate. Also you never need to check the nitrites again. You want the output to be at zero nitrates. thats how you know to back down the flow is if you start to see any nitrates show up. Yours happened fast you must have had the output very slow. I really do love these things lol.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Yes that means it is done cycling!!!!!! Woo-hoo. i would keep it where you have it for another 12_24 hours and open it very very slow like just enough to feel that Needle vavle move like 1/32nd of an inch lol. This is where the ORP makes it ez as u done have to keep checking the nitrate. Also you never need to check the nitrites again. You want the output to be at zero nitrates. thats how you know to back down the flow is if you start to see any nitrates show up. Yours happened fast you must have had the output very slow. I really do love these things lol.
very helpful info! thanks!
may get a few more of the smaller units for new systems ?

i’m going to order that ORP module too...

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019

Lol I know I want one for every tank. To be able to do a drip system on any tank is amazing I was think of trying to turn an old FX6 in to one. Was just going to connect the input and output of the filter together, then add two fitting for the water in and out. Remember sulphur prills are way cheaper and are just fine as long as they are 99.9% pure. Finding the media was the hardest part for me, no one had it. Just remember to keep an eye on the KH i throw about 3/4 of a cup every 7-10 days. When I see the PH at 7.9 or so I add more.

yellowfinfmb

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2020
I would build the return to the sump in back of the tank outside that way you would have a full 4' for the fish to turn around as I did with my 670 gallon

Reactions: fishguy1978
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store