Ornate not eating!! Or very picky..

geno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2008
Singapore
Hi guys, I'm keeping a 9inch ornate in a 4ft tank. She doesn't seem to be interested in e feeder catfish or shrimp that I buy for her, and hardly touches e pellets either. When she was in her prev 2ft tank she would come out from hiding and gobble on e pellets but now she juz lies there quite indifferently. What could be wrong? She's eaten feeder catfish before, they got her to her current size. I tried feeder goldfish too but nth happened. Could she juz be lazy to hunt, and instead prefers eating pellets (maybe she DOES eat, but we dun get to see it)?

1 thing though, she did eat a tiger barb which I added e day before. I guess this shows she still has an appetite after all.. But why is she so picky with her food? Pls help me with this guys, thanks.. If there are any threads u can direct me to pls do so yea all comments welcome =)

moonchild1970

BICHIR BABE
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2008
Spokane, WA
Yeah I didn't see my newest Delhz Bichir , Sienna, eat for almost a month. But the food would be gone in the morning so I know she was eating.

They seem to need time to adjust to the tank and feel sure it is a safe place before they will relax and eat in front of you. I read somewhere that animals are very vulnerable when eating. My BGk still will grab food off the bottom of tank and take it into her cave to eat it. And I've had her even longer. :D

L Aquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Heaven
Nothing to worry about longest I had a Poly not eat for me was well over a month.

geno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2008
Singapore
Thanks everyone!

Hey tyl089, wad are night crawlers? I'm from Singapore nv reali heard of them..

geno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2008
Singapore
Ooh ok thx guys.. Giving mabel some time to settle down cos I transferred her to her present tank rather quickly.. Gotta admit tt's my own fault hehe..Yst cleaned ut her entire tank of all e leftover pellets n did 50% w/c, hope her appetite picks up soon =P btw she's 9.5inches now n swimming quite energetically.. Is an active bichir a happy one? Lol..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store