Oscar behaviour

F1sh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Stockport
Hi guys n gals.

My first thread on MFK.

Ive been keeping fish for a bout 3 years now. Had oscars for a few years and never had any problems.

Im just a little curious into what my oscars are doing in this vid?

[video=youtube;7VLaLKY1nbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLaLKY1nbg[/video]

In the last tank they was in they did this with gravel but more often.

They have been in this tank now for about 5 weeks and today I notice that they was moving the sand around for some considerable time. What are they doing ??

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
Oscars just like to dig and rearrange your tank. It is nothing to worry about...their just making the tank how they want it! :ROFL:

All you can really do is learn to live with it, and not try and fix it for them, because they will change it as they like it, when they like it. It is absolutely normal for oscars to do this.

Also welcome to MFK, I am fairly new to the website too!

F1sh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Stockport
Cheers buddy. I did do a big water change yesterday and put the sand back to how I liked it. Obviously they have there own opinion eh. :)

DazzaClio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Uk
As said Oscars love to rearrange their tank all my Large Cichlids do the same. Make all the tank all level and nice and within a few hours they have already rearranged it.

Its nothing to worry about.

Good Luck.

Thanks Darren.

jadedreams

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Yep, sometime I think my Oscar digs just to annoy me - he/she always digs under whatever decor I have in the tank so it falls over. Gave up on plants since they would be pulled right up! It's definitely a battle of wills and they usually win..

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Good looking O's. As far as behavior I agree with the other comments, nothing at all to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store