Oscar Care

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
I recommended that you get rid of all your fish except 1 Oscar. then 1 Oscar can go in the 80 gallon aquarium by itself. Does your aquarium have heater? Do you use tap water conditioner(if you use city water you will need it). What do you feed your fish?

IMRTL13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
North Idaho
Hi, I have 2 Tiger oscars and 1 Albino Oscar i want to know how to take care of them because i really love these kind of fish but they always die, so i need to know everything on how to take care of them ...
Thanks.
Wow! If you are serious about them being in a 6G I hope they are those tiny baby ones you see in an lfs and I hope its just a short quarantine.

I love oscars and agree with previous posts. They need a 125G at full growth, should be in a min of 30-55G to start.

One thing I noticed that nobody mentioned, is you need a really good filtration system as these are messy eaters and dirty a tank quickly.

I understand being passionate about fishkeeping, but think about the quality of life you are providing.

Good luck

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
The smallest Oscar I've ever seen in my life was less than 1" at petsmart and it was adorable! But as I was looking around a couple bought him :( but if these oscars are any bigger than one inch then it would be best for you to return them to wherever you bought them from as soon as possible

-Andrew

QuentinT19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
Malaysia
i m currently having 3 oscars for about 3 1/2 years now...... as far as i can see they are among the toughest among fishes.....my piece of advice is that have a great control over their food. they tend to greedily eat whatever u give them so give them sufficient amounts only.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
I think this person started this thread to get us all rowdy.
The only thing that should be in a 6 gallon tank is a nano Enviroment. One Oscar in a 30 is pushing it and won't last. Oscars grow 1-2 inches per month until they reach 6 inches.
As for the stocking in the 80g I would say over stocked.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
The smallest Oscar I've ever seen in my life was less than 1" at petsmart and it was adorable! But as I was looking around a couple bought him :( but if these oscars are any bigger than one inch then it would be best for you to return them to wherever you bought them from as soon as possible

-Andrew
If they were less than one inch, I doubt they would have survived this long in a 6 gallon. Fry are very fragile at that size.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store