oscar fish

tankbusterlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2006
Quebec,CAnada
Hi

Does oscar fish often gets constipated. Thé baby i had for six months had not Been feeling well. Staying at the botton laying on it’s side. It just started to beg for food again. I see a lot of dropping in thé tank. I wonder if constipation was thé problem. I Cleaned thé tank 2 days ago

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi

Does oscar fish often gets constipated. Thé baby i had for six months had not Been feeling well. Staying at the botton laying on it’s side. It just started to beg for food again. I see a lot of dropping in thé tank. I wonder if constipation was thé problem. I Cleaned thé tank 2 days ago
Yes it's very possible for a Oscar to get constipated or bloated it depends on what you are feeding and how much. Some members feed peas occasionally to help their Oscar digestive system. Also don't overfeed.

Reactions: Nilsafeller

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
If it’s constipated then stop feeding the oscar until it passes. Food will take about 2-3 days to gully pass. More food like peas in the digestive system will just put more pressure. It’s more likely that it had some sort of obstruction, like gravel or bone that couldn’t break down. The best thing to do is stop feeding, and pour in an epsom salt solution dosed at 1 tablespoon per 10g of the tank volume. Wait 3 days for the feces to pass.

what is the baby oscars diet?

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store