Otter Point Peacock

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Wow, the Lwanda is nice. He’s going to turn out really nice! Thanks for the compliments. I don’t have a Bichir or a Senegal, I think that’s tlindsey tlindsey you saw. I’m sure he could chime in and give us a clue. I’ve been afraid to put one in my tank also.
Yes Sir the Peacock is in a 55 gallon with 3 Senegalus. I worry more about the Peacock I catch him nudging the Polys once in awhile.

Zack333

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
That's a brave peacock tlindsey, picking on a fish that could bite a chunk out of him And if the peacocks pick of bichirs more I guess it's probably for the best I didn't get one. I have 13 cichlids in my tank and that might be too much for a bichir to handle. But on the other hand they don't mess with my bristle nose pleco so who knows. Still it's probably best safe than sorry

Copadichromis azureus 4in now I'll try to get a shot of him when he's fired up, his belly turns black and his yellow speckling pops

IMG_20190105_201028501.jpg

Zack333

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
I know he's already super blue I can't wait until he's bigger and hopefully even more blue, also I haven't caught my azureus flared up again but here's a pic a peacock I haven't ID ed yet. It's still a juvenile but it's a rusty orange which makes me think it might be a benga sunshine x German red Cross or something like that.

IMG_20190106_101351184.jpg

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Here's another pic of my azureus but he's a little more fired up and has more of the black I talked about.
Wow! He looks nice. I like the black. I talked to my fish guy again about my Otter Point. He said he hasn’t found anything good enough yet. He’s a stickler. So, I’m still waiting. In the end though, I know I’ll get a nice fish. Again, I really like the black on the azureus.

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Alright, it’s been a month. How’s your fish coming along? I’m still waiting on my Otter Point. :cry: I did pick up a couple new fish, but excited to see how yours are progressing.

Zack333

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Theyre all getting along great except for the rusty colored peacock I had (I think he was a cross breed) was getting super aggressive so I thought it would be best to re-home him. The mloto has been going through some dark phases where he becomes almost jet black and has an electric blue color that seems to be between his scales (I'll try to get a pic of this if I see him like this again). My otter point hasn't done too much more , but that may be because I see him every day and his changes are subtle. However I've been really enjoying my red top lwanda lately he has a nice contrast between yellow and the blue coming in though greyish scales. Some pics below focusing on the otter (his back/side with the lwanda in the background) and the clearest pic I could get of my lwanda (that bugger is fast, but you can still see the color despite some blurring.

IMG_20190212_214212846.jpg IMG_20190212_214117872.jpg

Reactions: Stephen St.Clair

Zack333

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Oh and also I have some female fish that were supposed to be male you might noticed in some pics holding eggs, but on the bright side I noticed this little guy one day (probably a cross breed but it'll be interesting to see how he turns out, still I have no plans of breed/selling it so don't worry about me ruining blood lines )

IMG_20190212_215051938.jpg

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Look s like thy are coming along nicely. The Otter Point is a beauty! The Mloto is starting to get the White I see. The Red Top Lwanda is going to be a really nice fish! The one looks similar to an Albino Eureka Red. May turn out nice. What’s your current male to female ratio? With these guys getting bigger, they will go crazy over the females. May have been a helping factor to why you had to rehome the other one. Lol! I’ve raised a lot of mine from small to large. When a female emerged, it was nuts! They all turned to bullies! But anyhow, your fish are looking good and definitely growing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store