Our Black Diamond babies

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Thank you G Galantspeedz

The BD... Have not physically measured her but we measured my P14 girl that is in my son's tank the other day and she measured 40cm this BD girl is a bit bigger so I would say.. about 43cm
My Leo girl is about 34cm..
The two hybrids are both almost the same size and I would say they are around 23/24cm

The BD girl grew very fast the first year then she slowed down for a while and the last 3 or 4 months she has grown quite a bit again

The hybrid girl with the orange spots is growing like crazy, she is younger than the dark hybrid and she is already slightly bigger
Between my rays and my son's what I have found is our males have grown slower than the females
The P14 grew VERY slow until about 16 months then suddenly just put on size like a weed
my new P14 baby also is growing what i think is slow. They dont seem to be as aggressive eaters as the others
The Leopoldi also grew slower

So... I dont know... this is just what I have had with mine..
Thanks for the detailed write up... the reason I asking is because my bds are growing fast and furious but my p14 hybrid female as well as pearl pair are growing slowly.... only the p14 hybrid male is growing around same speed as the bds

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Thanks for the detailed write up... the reason I asking is because my bds are growing fast and furious but my p14 hybrid female as well as pearl pair are growing slowly.... only the p14 hybrid male is growing around same speed as the bds
Its a pleasure
If they eating and looking healthy Im sure they fine..
As I said, both my first P14 girl and the new P14 baby ( which I stress about now) have grown very slow
They eat but they not gluttons like the others.
I put it down to the species.. I could be wrong.. but they all treated the same, fed the same, I do all pups with prazi and metro when they arrive.. so i cant find another explanation
Once she hit about 15 months.. boy she just started growing and is not far behind the motoros!!

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I have another 6 months till 15 months haha

But I may sell 2 pairs and keep the black diamonds instead

I actually use prazipro every 3 weeks to a month as precaution and bio earth as a supplement every 2 weeks

Reactions: MariaS

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I have another 6 months till 15 months haha

But I may sell 2 pairs and keep the black diamonds instead

I actually use prazipro every 3 weeks to a month as precaution and bio earth as a supplement every 2 weeks
I think as long as we know we doing what needs to be done... I guess they like children.. some grow quicker than others... but I know ... we still worry...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store