Out of cat food...

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Letting a pet cat wander around outside is a dice roll as it can get itself into various dangerous situations.They can be poisoned by something that they've eaten or drank,injured in a possible fight with other animals as well as other potential pitfalls that may arise...To answer your question though,the cat probably could have done just fine if it had to wait a few extra hours until the owner came home from work to feed it.
Agreed. Not to mention parasites and diseases they can easily pick up. Having "outside pets" is just irresponsible, imo.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Letting a pet cat wander around outside is a dice roll as it can get itself into various dangerous situations.They can be poisoned by something that they've eaten or drank,injured in a possible fight with other animals as well as other potential pitfalls that may arise...To answer your question though,the cat probably could have done just fine if it had to wait a few extra hours until the owner came home from work to feed it.
On the farm we have never allowed a cat inside of the house. The cats belong outside hunting mice in the garage,shed, or flower garden. We have had a few cats get into fights with newcomers who have been dumped or with raccoons and possums but they usually get the "farm medicine" and are fine in a few weeks. We do have any newcomers nutered or spayed along with vaccinated and have a general check up.
Rant over.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Rant?...I can see where allowing or keeping them outside on a farm would have it's advantages.....whole different ballgame in the inner city or even some burbs.

Reactions: jclyde13

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
The cat will be more than fine without food while your at work, just pick it up on your way home... I'm sure if you can skip a meal for a few hours your cat can... Not like it's going to starve to death.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
Rant?...I can see where allowing or keeping them outside on a farm would have it's advantages.....whole different ballgame in the inner city or even some burbs.
not really, unless you mean for the cat because they have a wider range of species to kill.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
not really, unless you mean for the cat because they have a wider range of species to kill.
Thats less money going down the throats of vermin who contaminate the feed. So yes I do intend for them to eat vermin.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
crazy. we have 6 cats, they all indoor/outdoor cats. rule of thumb for cats is a high protein diet. this only makes a dif if you feed them dog food because out of cat food. its a major cause of urinary tract infections for cats. cats be fine till you get home.

funny thread.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and before I am jumped on, all cats are fixed as all cats we have had in the past 20 years are.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I have 3 indoor cats myself and if I ran out of can food, I'd better sleep with one eye open. Shadow stalks... I mean follows me every where I go and just stares at me. Lucy, my black tortie/maine coon mix, simply jumps on my bed and wakes me every morning between 2 and 4 am. They have no understanding of daylight savings time. Anyway, I understand that a cat can survive till owner gets home, but makes owner feel bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store