OUTDOOR POND, ALL PIC'S

PonDgUrU

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2015
south texas
7000 gallon in ground pool conversion stocked with bluegill, channel cats, RTC's, minnows, assorted goldfish and koi still a work in progress
image2.JPG
image1 (4).JPG

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Not mine, although I wish I could have something like this

It's about 18-20 feet long, about 3 feet deep, and 8 feet for the depth. It's about 6 feet at each of the two at the back then where the 'filter' is is also about 6-8 feet.

20160108_122803.jpg 20160108_122955.jpg 20160108_122957.jpg 20160108_123000.jpg 20160108_123450.jpg

It's at an Asian supermarket (it's actually 2; both look the same)

Reactions: godog427

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Our little puddleimage.jpeg

Frank Castle Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Our little puddleView attachment 1201601

Frank Castle Frank Castle
wow, that reminds e of the farm pond I was just talking about.....surrounded by cover and thick brush mostly and only fishable from a few cleared spots on the banks. Is yours spring-fed also? My great-uncle also taught me to stand back 6-10 feet away from the water when you fish a pond or lake from the bank.....basically, stealth - he said it keeps you out of the fishes' line of sight, avoids casting shadows/reflections, etc, etc.

I guarantee if you got lunkers in there, slow-rolling a Crappie-Spin just above the weedline will get them to hit.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
wow, that reminds e of the farm pond I was just talking about.....surrounded by cover and thick brush mostly and only fishable from a few cleared spots on the banks. Is yours spring-fed also? My great-uncle also taught me to stand back 6-10 feet away from the water when you fish a pond or lake from the bank.....basically, stealth - he said it keeps you out of the fishes' line of sight, avoids casting shadows/reflections, etc, etc.

I guarantee if you got lunkers in there, slow-rolling a Crappie-Spin just above the weedline will get them to hit.
Sadly it isn't spring fed. I have a feeling that after watching the bass hit dragonflies in the shallows tonight that fly fishing should be a fun experiment this upcoming weekend. At night I'll probably try to see see how big the catfish are. They're at the point where they are taking 5" bass off the end of your line if you let the fish out on a loose drag.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Sadly it isn't spring fed. I have a feeling that after watching the bass hit dragonflies in the shallows tonight that fly fishing should be a fun experiment this upcoming weekend. At night I'll probably try to see see how big the catfish are. They're at the point where they are taking 5" bass off the end of your line if you let the fish out on a loose drag.
definitely over the 24" range....Channel cats have small mouths....I lost a few Sunday morning on the hookset because my creek chubs were too big at 6" or so ....I was only using #1 hooks too. 24"+ is generally when I catch them on big chubs and suckers

Bass on fly is a blast....have fun with that. You can toss a nightcrawler on fly tackle, you just don't false-cast....you just get it out there and wait.....channels would be ridiculous on fly

sharks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Pennsylvania
IMG_0085.JPG

Not really mine but under my supervision at work, this is just post ice/snow melt, needing some nitrogenous loving pond plants to clear up the water as well as UV sterilization turned on!

Reactions: godog427
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store