Nile tilapia
Geophagus
Hoplo catfish
Most plecos
Silver dollars
Rainbowfish
Tarpon
Clown knifefish
Careful. Tilapia and some plecos are illegal in many states. Here in NY, ponds have different laws altogether from aquariums and you can only legally keep natives without a permit. For goldfish and koi the permit is easy to get and may even be free (I don't know), but it can get complicated. I don't know about other states' laws, but I would check before I installed a pond. Another bit of advice - small children drown quite easily in ponds, and if your neighbor chooses to let a three year old loose and the kid wanders into your backyard and drowns in your pool, you may be legally responsible. It is a good idea, therefore, to put the pond somewhere small children cannot access it easily.

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Careful. Tilapia and some plecos are illegal in many states. Here in NY, ponds have different laws altogether from aquariums and you can only legally keep natives without a permit. For goldfish and koi the permit is easy to get and may even be free (I don't know), but it can get complicated. I don't know about other states' laws, but I would check before I installed a pond. Another bit of advice - small children drown quite easily in ponds, and if your neighbor chooses to let a three year old loose and the kid wanders into your backyard and drowns in your pool, you may be legally responsible. It is a good idea, therefore, to put the pond somewhere small children cannot access it easily.
yeah, you can just have a fence around your yard or around your pond, or a net on your pond (I'd recommend that anyways, in the states here we have a birds that go after your fish, not sure about in Africa though)

Soul♍

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2018
So in general ponds are relatively easy to take care of. They seem cheaper than most fishtanks too.

In my guppy pond, I have alot of plants, duckweed, hornwort and a water lilly. Its a 10-15gallon pond.
Pity 2 female guppies died with shredded tails. Maybe its the temperature fluctuations above ground?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store