P. Endlicheri pix

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
Thought I'd show off some brand new shots of the endlis - took them 15 minutes ago.

Dizzy ll... Endli Endli... my replacement for the lookalike twin that Indy (pictured later) killed. Having trouble with this one's eyes... always seem clouded over. They were solid white but MelaFix is prevailing as always.

Bizzy... Endli Endli Volta variant... this is the same fish that escaped months ago and got thrown around by my cats. Sorry about the dirty tank! Having filter problems.

CB Endli Endli...This little one still doesn't have a name. It's the same fish I had original shots of posing on a MagFloat 10 - he's twice that size now.

Indy... Endli Endli. You can't tell me Indy isn't perfect... well ya could but I wouldn't listen. This one is my pride and joy :D Even more than the Ansorgii!

Izzy... another Volta. She's grown a LOT recently and has been upgraded to the 55. She's only 1/2'' shy of Indy, and she's about 13''.

Medusa, aka "Deuce"... Endli Congicus. We're FINALLY seeing a growth spurt! YAY!

Group shot.

And then this... I know he isn't an endli but I didn't want to make a whole other thread just for this. Dusty is continuing to become a monster... s/he's got a hump growing ontop of that flat head!

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
I've got a question for you. Why can't I get my endlis fat? I can get my Koliba fat. I can get my Dels fat. I can get my Pollis fat. But the endlis?? They just keep getting longer and longer, but not thicker. Is that normal? Will they thicken up later when they are Dusty's size? I see pix of other Endlis on here and they are thick from head to tail. Mine eat like horses, and they get that well fed pudge, but it refuses to stay with them. The thickest part of their body when you view from above is their gills. We switched from silversides (which they didn't get particularly fat off of either) to market shrimp, which they like just as much and eat more of, but still, no thickness. Should I try to feed them twice a day instead of once??

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
i agree, Indy is a very fine endli :)
i like the congicus too, how big is it now?

as for packing some pudge on the endlis.....
you could try feeding twice a day if they still eat
readily. just make sure you adjust the water
changes accordingly, as they will be making more waste.

however, i think it is natural for the endlis to be
streamline predators. i am sure they will fill out in girth
after they reach certain legth (probably different for all of them)

love the pics... keep them coming :)

C00K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
New York
That's odd, my CB Endis have grown more width-wise than length-wise since they got about 9-10". Still growing well in both direction though; I wanted to get some wild ones to grow out and compare.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Keeper, you sure take some fine photos. Very nice fish, I love your choice of substrate as well.
I know you posted some sizes of your fish awhile back. When you talk about your endi's growth, what sort of growth rates length wise have they had.

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
you the queen of bichirs, keep going but i'm trying to catch you, my lfs just got in 2 laps, 2 weeksi's and 3 retro's, trying to figure out how to get them all, but will probadly trade a flowerhorn for 2 or 3 of them if i can!!!!:popcorn: :headbang2

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
very nice endlis

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
Thanks to all ~ And I'm not quite "queen" yet... there are a few species I still need. I have an annonymous Palmas species that I have doubts about, so I still need a Palmas Palmas, and a Bichir Bichir, and um... Teugelsi and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

As for sizes, Bizzy has probably only put on an inch or two since November, Izzy grew the most, going from around 7'' to just shy of 12'', the baby has doubled in size (which really only means it grew an inch and a half lol), Deuce maybe an inch, and Indy about an inch and a half. The Deuce is up to around 14'' now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store