Pacific Giant Octopus (Enteroctopus dofleini)

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I think its because when they're caught, most wholesalers and lfs keep them in tropical temps when they require cold water. Also their tanks need to be taller rather than wider like most tanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

danster9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
laguna
Maybe kind of an odd question but is it possible to keep one in a home aquarium/tank and if so is there any availability anywhere?
i can get you a juvie GPO from a buddy who legally collects natives. But its not gonna be cheap PM me. ill give you more info

Ponera

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
At any rate, keeping an animal capable of such cognition is rather cruel, especially considering how demanding they can be for space, water quality etc.

I firmly stand by my previous discouragement and add to it that you should never, ever, keep cephalopods. It is unethical, unreasonable and selfish. You have more appropriate fish to fry in the aquarium world and if this idea of Cephalopod keeping is met with more than disdain I need to rethink my hobby. Like the time when I received death threats for asking people in my Province to not inbreed their reptiles...least of all to the point of a targeted keratin deficiency.

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
I considered octopus and after reading up on several kinds both rare and result available I did feel like it was a bit selfish she cruel to have one just to say I've had one.

Just my 2cents. Still wane one tho lol

Sent from my C6916 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I learned that the hard way.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,not quite...now I'm usually pretty adventurous when it comes to trying different dishes but I think I'll have to draw the line at a bowl of live squirming sea creatures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store