Pacu growout

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I finally got a healthy pacu he’s doing amazing he loves the tank and stays with the flagtail most of the time idk why but maybe cause they’re similar in color and younger pacu and known to shoal or school I don’t know the difference honestly but thank you Deadeye Deadeye for the name suggestion I’ve decided on Darkseid and he’s already eating good and already learned the sound of me moving the rock I have on the lid to cover the feeding hole which means food time can’t wait for this little guy to become an absolute beast image.jpgimage.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
The pacu looks great!

Schooling is like tetras. They form tight aggregations for defense. They have a systematic swimming pattern.
Shoaling is like piranhas. They are loosely together and only stay together because they have to for easier food and defense. They do not form a tight system, but all move as they please.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
The pacu looks great!

Schooling is like tetras. They form tight aggregations for defense. They have a systematic swimming pattern.
Shoaling is like piranhas. They are loosely together and only stay together because they have to for easier food and defense. They do not form a tight system, but all move as they please.
Thank you for telling me the difference

Reactions: Deadeye

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Darkseid is looking quite good!
Thank you i have him on cichlid pellets right now (sinking) and he’s not a fan of blood worms yet but when he eats it reminds me of a dog with 5 tennis balls in its mouth he just stuffs his mouth full of pellets takes them to one corner spits them out then one by one he eats them

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
They are black holes once acclimated. Past 5-6 inches no fish were safe with them...
Their taxidermy work and skeletonizing was almost as good as necrocanis necrocanis ...

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Darkseid is doing amazing I’ve had the light off for about a week almost I’ve still been feeding normally just have had the light off for a while cause I’ve been busy lately and today I turn my light on to see Darkseid now an inch thick and absolutely massive compared to the other week here’s some pictures I just took (also update on bigger tank, I found a job my mom has a friend who’s looking for people to help with yard work and I start that soon as well as I’ve been doing more chores and work at home I’ve made some money to most people it’s nothing but it’s only been a few days and I have 7$ I know it’s not a lot but it’s a start, I’ll continue to update you all on the progress to the bigger tank) 774716F6-2A3F-494D-8EF3-B299370588EF.jpeg7B6E93C6-B0A2-4FD7-B7AF-E30917F27830.jpeg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Nice to see he is growing well already. These guys put on weight fast!

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Nice to see he is growing well already. These guys put on weight fast!
Yea but I haven’t seen him eat any vegetation I’ve tried algae wafers (my flagtail loves them) but he’s just scared of them and I’ve tried cucumbers and zucchini but he just ignores it

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
They probably don’t get as vegetarian until they grow. More of a fin nipper at this size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store