Pair of flowerhorn for a 75 gallon

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
I currently have a male kk flowerhorn in a 75 bare bottom tank. I’m mulling over the idea of adding a female with a divider. With adequate filtration, is this possible. My gut tells me no, but I figured it was worth the ask. I’ve seen some Asian YouTube channels/breeders that either keep or tour facilities and it isn’t what we would call the norm. So I was wondering if it would at all be possible.

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
I currently have a male kk flowerhorn in a 75 bare bottom tank. I’m mulling over the idea of adding a female with a divider. With adequate filtration, is this possible. My gut tells me no, but I figured it was worth the ask. I’ve seen some Asian YouTube channels/breeders that either keep or tour facilities and it isn’t what we would call the norm. So I was wondering if it would at all be possible.
I would consider getting a bigger tank but make flowerhorns and female flower horns can pair together and not be aggressive

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Yes it’s possible.

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
As always depends on the fish. I've had it work, and had to remove some very quickly. Always hard to add to 1 fishes existing tank.

Reactions: Vukmir13

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Very possible just keep divider and cut a hole big enough for female to escape

Reactions: HybridFinatic

wojtek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2023
Wow I honestly didn't expect to see that it's possible to have them together.
I received mine couple of days ago. And I have a separater between them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store