Palau Aquarium

kdguam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Guam USA
I took these photos in Palau. This place is salt water heaven. Monster in the ocean everywhere. Check out these photos:

They have others but I was there on a business trip.

shep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
Cincinnati
i heard those chambered natalus (spelling) are really hard to keep...always wanted to keep jellyfish too....bet those are even more of a ***** to keep

kdguam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Guam USA
Mattcomptonassvanhorn;678586; said:
Sick Lionfish! HOw big were they? Give me your best estimate.
They average 8". They are very common in that area.

kdguam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Guam USA
Thanks for the compliments on the photos. I will be going back to Palau in a few months and I will hopefully be able to get more photos.

kdguam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Guam USA
shep;678925; said:
i heard those chambered natalus (spelling) are really hard to keep...always wanted to keep jellyfish too....bet those are even more of a ***** to keep
I got the spelling from: Wikipedia

Nautilus (from Greek nautilos, 'sailor') is the common name of any marine creatures of the cephalopod family Nautilidae, the sole family of the suborder Nautilina. It comprises six species in two genera, the type of which is the genus Nautilus. Though it more specifically refers to the species Nautilus pompilius, the name chambered nautilus is also used for any species of the Nautilidae.

Having survived relatively unchanged for millions of years, nautiluses represent the only living members of the subclass Nautiloidea, and are often considered to be "living fossils."

I also heard that from the caretakers of the aquarium in Palau and here on Guam. I tried the Jellies but they kept getting stuck in the filter intake. I know they make jellyfish tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store