Paleo-Aquarium

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
I love this thread! I'm so jealous of your collection. I only have one fossil and I don't know what it is, but it appears to be some sort of clupeid. One day I hope to have as many as you! I still have many years left in my marine biology career to collect them though.

That must be an incredibly valuable collection. I know a store in NYC that sells these for use in home decor. They will use the stones to make fireplaces, patios, etc...and they sell for a bundle!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Empyreal - jump on google, find some sites nearby, get out there and get collecting. You don't need to be rich, just determined and willing to ask permission for access to private land. It's EASY, i promise you that.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
There are also hundreds of rockhound clubs all over the country. These organizations schedule group digs that you can join in on. I was a dig coordinator in several mineral and gem societies and used to schedule group digs. I always prospected the dig areas to ensure there was plenty of material to be found, was relatively safe for a group to work, and obtained authorization for the group to collect.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
True, I wanna see this porpoise :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store