Palmas price worth it?

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Okay I wondered about thats because I thought when I saw the pic it looked different then my UJ's but since I have only been into Poly's for a few months I was not sure.

So it's a lapradeis for sure? Which raises some questions. Is it worth $60? How big does that species get? And if it does not work with my Del & Sens....I have my 2nd 120g 4x2x2 ready to stock, would it work in there or just forget it?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'd say forget it. For one they don't look that good. As for price I'm unsure but I've seen better looking ones at preuss for about the same price. They may color up as ljs tend to wash out colors more so then ujs. As for size they will quickly out grow the 120.

Reactions: clm08k and Steve_C

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Wild Lapradei is the most common mislabeled polypterus worldwide. It is presumed as a hard ID when washed out and default label is always 'Palmas'. Its widespread internationally. Almost as of they're done purposely. Hm..... Somebody needs to look into that, lol.

Last edited:

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Wild Lapradei is the most common mislabeled polypterus worldwide. It is presumed as a hard ID when washed out and default label is always 'Palmas'. Its widespread internationally. Almost as of they're done purposely. Hm..... Somebody needs to look into that, lol.
That is strange given the fact that palmas is upper jaw and laps lower jaw.

I would spend $60 on a poly, in theory. Not rich yet :)

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
That is strange given the fact that palmas is upper jaw and laps lower jaw.

I would spend $60 on a poly, in theory. Not rich yet :)
Also polypterus polli(sometimes retropinnis mixed in the batch) are often sold as congicus. :eek:

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store