Papyrocranus Congoensis???

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No problemo and here is a suggestion for feeding,my little one eats small pieces of shrimp and raw fish fillet.It also takes frozen bloodworms.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Very nice! I'd love one of these one day but I doubt any would ever find their way down to where I live, hence my addiction to X nigri :D

How is it doing? I see the guys in Asia fed theirs blackworms

AquaSeth15

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2018
Thanks for the compliment. It's doing great so far, no signs of aggression towards the bichirs and active movement. It's starting to darken in color as well. I threw in some raw fish and shrimp for it to eat, I'll try blackworms if I see it isn't eating.

I found your current experiment on xenomystus nigri to be very interesting. Good luck on breeding them. I may try this species again in the future, it's a very interesting one.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Thanks for the compliment. It's doing great so far, no signs of aggression towards the bichirs and active movement. It's starting to darken in color as well. I threw in some raw fish and shrimp for it to eat, I'll try blackworms if I see it isn't eating
That's great! Hope he fattens up for you :)

I found your current experiment on xenomystus nigri to be very interesting. Good luck on breeding them. I may try this species again in the future, it's a very interesting one.
Thank you! They're lots of fun to keep as a group, if I had the space I'd get more! :D

AquaSeth15

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2018
That's great! Hope he fattens up for you :)

Thanks for the good wishes:)

Thank you! They're lots of fun to keep as a group, if I had the space I'd get more! :D
I've never heard of anyone else keeping them in a group before, they look really cool in a group. I hope you're able to breed them.

I'll keep this thread updated on the congoensis.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Thanks. People say they're aggressive. And the first two tried to kill each other for several hours and then just stopped. From then it's only been light bickering, and the later two were accepted without issue.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
If you email wet spot they will send you a current picture

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just ordered one from wetspot. Call and get one K krichardson !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store