Paradise fish!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hey guys! I finally found a shop that got some female paradise in, only $2 roughly so not bad IMO

Female was already gravid at the shop and my resident male took instant interest. Only thing is he's more interested in breeding than building a bubblenest :eek:

Just gonna feed more frozen food. There are the starts of a bubble nest but it's more bubble than nest! Hopefully he figures it out soon :)

Female:
20170429_161842.jpg

Male: (too busy for a nice photo)
20170430_101937.jpg

Hopefully they get it right sooner or later :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Turns out it's mostly the female blowing bubbles. Will probably move them and maybe try divide them in a 5 gal once it's open :)

Hopefully this will take his mind off food and put it to something important :rolleyes:

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
Bred Bettas for a while ... be sure she has plenty of hiding places so she doesn't get beat up too much. May take some time for him to get past the stranger anxiety :)

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There's a lot of planting going on in the tank and wood so she hides if he's being an A-hole. He's begging me more for food

He tries to lay on his side for spawning but the female leaves him then he chases her. Make a nest first you thirsty fish

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Found the female dead after a LONG day at school which sucks, barbs haven't even eaten the fins off which means it's recent. really sucks :(

thanks anyway guys...

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
just for future reference-
I mean I know about breeding bettas, and I know paradise fish are very similar to bettas, they've even been hybridized.
To get the male interested in the female and building a nest, have something floating on the top like half a Styrofoam cup or an almond leaf. Bettas usually build their nests under things that float... mine even built his under a patch of algae floating on the surface! Also put the female in something like a clear cup near where the male usually is so they have contact, but not physical.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store