andyroo

Candiru
Original poster
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Hendre,
Recently moved house/office and so the knife is in a 'clear water' set-up for a few days/weeks until we re-sort everybody. She's not eaten (or at least not been fed) for a few days, and the bloat's really not abated. She's active and not in any apparent discomfort/stress, but there does seem to be some discolouration. Sorry for the bad Iphone pics, but they get the idea across. Yes, that's an angel, a Chromide and a silver arow in the background... working on all of that. Oddly, the knife & the arow have bonded somehow- they don't leave each other's side.
IMG_3140.jpegIMG_3144.jpegIMG_3143.jpeg

Hendre

Fight my pet lion
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I think he is bloated from something, may not be female since the tube of a female is straight down... This is very odd. What did you feed the knife before?

andyroo

Candiru
Original poster
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
he came out of the shop "tubby" like this maybe a year ago, though very small. Everything in that shipment was tubby like this (though bigger/longer) so we chocked it up to a big meal in quarantine.
He's been in a black-water mud-bottom tank since then with scuds, betta females, gobies, plants, guppies, crabs, various annelids, various snails etc etc etc, - this is the first time I've got a really good look since. He's actually grown quite a bit vs the sp.'s reputation.

andyroo

Candiru
Original poster
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Right, Rocksor Rocksor ,
tell me about administering
praziquantel and/or generic version of active ingredient in HexShield. He's eating sinking kibble from the bottom in a tank with only juv.arowana, angels & rainbow shark (& snails/mystery snails). If I can dose his kibble, then I can inject it into the gravel with a straw and really only he will get it. Shark's pretty low-key, preferring veg. I can remove the mysteries if that's an issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store