Paratilapia Bleekeri or Polleni?

Aridd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Oregon
It is about 6 inches, great color, and eats like a pig. But I'm not sure, Paratilapia Bleekeri or Polleni?

What do you think?

thanks

8410910774_482c506f88_b.jpg

8410910774_482c506f88_b.jpg

Reactions: Istalliano

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
She looks like a bleekeri

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
I thought bleekeri was removed and now its just large and small spot polleni in which case that is what i would consider large spot polleni (aka old bleekeri) someone feel free to correct me....politely.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aridd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Oregon
Ya thanks Joe, I read that article and many others over time but still wasn't quite sure. And woofy, from what I understand you are technically right. It was sold to me as Paratilapia Bleekeri from The Wet Spot in Portland.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I thought bleekeri was removed and now its just large and small spot polleni in which case that is what i would consider large spot polleni (aka old bleekeri) someone feel free to correct me....politely.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I had also heard that the bleekeri has also been eliminated. Also have heard that there are two varients of the polleni along with the bleekeri still being considered a species. Can not tell you the difference between a polleni "large spot" and a bleekeri though. In my world I just stick with the two, either bleekeri or polleni. Would love to see some good solid info clarifying this though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store