Party Moon Lights ~ Neon

Yabbadoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
The Dark Side
Testing some 12 inch neon lights on the tanks........ I used Aluminium Foil as a reflector...My fav is the green.....
Also had a Yellow & a White neon but not in stock....

PURPLE

GREEN

BLUE

RED

LikeItBright

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2009
Voorhees
are you using a computer power supply or a transformer you rigged?

Yabbadoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
The Dark Side
Don't use them much but run off a transformer.

When it comes to electrical things I'm a dumb ass.......:screwy:
They're not neon lights but some cathode thing......and was told I could run them from a computer......

Quote from another place......

"For the record, those lamps are CCFL's (Cold-Cathode Fluorescent Lamps), not neon. They are great as they generate minimal heat, are VERY low profile and create a large amount of light for their size with the only really negative being that they are fragile without the protective acrylic tubes around them.

The lamps operate on AC current, but require a certain frequency, etc which is what the inverter (blue project box) does, it converts your DC input voltage to AC and conditions it to what the CCFL can use. A computer power supply or just a small 12v power supply/power brick will do what you need; the older-style AT PSU's that were mentioned earlier will work great for this purpose if you can tuck it away somewhere. Just tap one ground (blk) and one 12vdc+ (yellow) from a 4-pin molex connector."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store