Pb intimidates datnoid

Snookcrook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hey guys .I’m kinda new to this getting back to it first time since high school . Think I’m doing ok . I have 2 peacocks and an Arowana that grew up together in a 75 that are now in a 220 . Introduced a tiger datnoid into the mix a couple weeks ago (only a couple weeks after introducing my og fish to the tank ) things are fine . But yesterday I rescaped added some more driftwood . And one bass is sizing up my datnoid big time . The bass is about 6 inches , datnoid is 4 . I have not seen any nipping or aggression just the datnoid looks visibly stressed and the bass goes up to him and swims still about 5 inches away from him just cornering him . And sometimes the second bass joins in The Arowana is chill at the top . Just one more time for reference . Datnoid is 4-5 inches . Both bass 6-7 inches . Aro is about 14 inches . Any thoughts guys I want my fish to get along and I’m worried for my tiger

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d add a few silver dollars in there to distract the pbass. Just my suggestion.

Reactions: Tony A.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Any time you add any decor in the tank the fish re establish territories which sounds like the bass have already done. The datnoid won’t keep up in growth with the bass though and mostly likely will always be bullied unless you grow it out in another tank and re-introduce it when it gains some size .

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
X2 on the datinoid not going to be able to keep up. They are very slow growers and not aggressive enough to keep up, your bass will out compete it for food.
Yeah i mean i did put an 30cm datnioid in with a 5pack of orinos and they did beat the tiger up quite badly over night. Datnioids may be an predator but it is like comparing an volvo with an porsche in the terms of topspeed.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Once them bass realize they can’t eat it they’ll eventually leave it alone. I’ve never had a issue keeping Bass and dats together. You only have to worry if the bass get to a size that the Datnoid can fit in their mouth. Datnoids can usually hold their own.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Just give them time to warm up to each other, you'll be fine. I to would add dither fish as mentioned above.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store