Peacock Bass Ich

pcb0832

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2015
Hi I use Seachem Paraguard dosing for 7 days and always cures my ich.

*Canadian fish keepers*
They have banned fish medicine for canadians (unsure if just Ontario or all of canada) and now Bigals and many other fish stores will no longer sell fish medications such as Seachem Paraguard. Amazon is currently still selling it and I highly suggest you pick up a large quantity before it disappears. New law here is you need a prescription from a vet to get the medicine for your fish.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Hi I use Seachem Paraguard dosing for 7 days and always cures my ich.

*Canadian fish keepers*
They have banned fish medicine for canadians (unsure if just Ontario or all of canada) and now Bigals and many other fish stores will no longer sell fish medications such as Seachem Paraguard. Amazon is currently still selling it and I highly suggest you pick up a large quantity before it disappears. New law here is you need a prescription from a vet to get the medicine for your fish.
Saw that on Joey's YouTube channel and how crazy it is since there aren't many ornamental fish vets

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Hey guys. Unfortunately my new Intermedia had ich and now has infected most of my other bass as well as some of my Geos. I cranked the temp up to 88 four days ago and put in salt, but so far it does not seem to be having any effect and the ich is spreading. Has anyone tried a temp above 88 for bass? Could they take 90?

I've been resisting using meds because I have a catfish in there and I always try heat and salt first. However, it might come to that if I don't see some improvement over the next few days.

Any thoughts?
I had ich with a couple small orinos (2") and Oscars (2.5"-3").
The salt and high temps worked but it took 1.5 - 2 weeks. I only took temp up to 88.
Everything lived. Plants got brown. Eventually oscars bullied orinos to death. They just grew too slow.
Short story is the heat and salt should work. Most people (me included) get anxious that results may not be seen for a week or more. I would say stick with it for at least 2 weeks.

Reactions: pwmin

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Just had it in two tanks and salt and heat worked, but took a couple weeks for it to disappear.

Reactions: LBDave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store