Peacock Eel and Belly Crawler Pike?

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Are these two compatible? I have the Pike alone with a Clown Pleco for almost two years with no problems, but today I was at Petland and I found a dried up Peacock Eel under one of their displays, covered in dust and birdseed, so naturally, I took him home to try and save him. Minutes after being put in the bag, he shed his debris-caked slime excess (Eels produce excess slime to extend the time it takes for them to dry out when they are out of water) and started swimming around. The Eel is in a breeder box, but at some point, if he survives, I plan to put him into the main tank. Will he be able to hold his own against the Pike? The Pike is female, but she used to be very territorial when I had my other fish, and she likes to shred plants. I could keep them in separate tanks, if need be, but I'd rather just keep them in the one tank. Obviously I wont even try putting them together until the Eel seems recovered, if it survives.

JIM

Banned
Nov 5, 2008
Indiana
Absolutely dont quote me on this but i believe the belly Crawler is a more docile species of pike, and if it were me i would probably chance it, with net in hand of course :)

Gene0514

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2008
Staten Island, NY
Absolutely dont quote me on this but i believe the belly Crawler is a more docile species of pike, and if it were me i would probably chance it, with net in hand of course :)
False belly crawlers are generally pretty aggressive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store