Peacock eel on bloodworms?

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Bloodworms is all I have been able to get him to eat, the rest of my tank eats pellets fine so I was wondering is it ok to just keep feeding him bloodworms or will that cause long term issues, and how often should I feed him? Thanks in advance :).

Glenn238

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2018
No expert on this type of fish but I believe it should be getting a variety of different foods how long have you had him

Reactions: tlindsey

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
eels are hard to get eating and when they find something they like they stick to it. As far as pellets I've only seen a few cases of spiny eels eating and that has been large fire or tire track eels. you could try rapashy and different types of frozen food

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Little difficult when small. Would add some Boyd’s vitachem to the bloodworms when melted. Mix it up and then freeze again. This will help. Can try offering live black worms which is a better option.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Try mixing it other foods with the melted bloodworms. I used to chop up red wigglers and put them in when my fire eels were small. I think that once they get larger, they become more confident with what they will eat. Mine now eat everything frozen I throw at them. Still no pellets, but I don’t mind that. If you can find small enough red wigglers, then you can just throw them in whole and they can live under water for several days at least.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I also have a peacock eel and is the most picky out the 4 spiney eels I have .I will frozen or live blood worms frozen or live tubefix and also white mosquito larvae while the others will eat frozen brine schrimp the peacock wont touch them so they are very picky eaters. Did love the black worms but they are hard to get hold of in the uk.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store