Pear and Marble M. Questions

Vincent Guerrero

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2017
When you say your wanting to start with rays. Have you kept fish before? Rays aren’t the easiest fish to start with... not saying you can’t but make sure you learn a lot about keeping them first and be prepared that they are going to take up an awful lot of your time. Doing big water changes every week and maintenance on a ‘big’ tank is very time consuming.
Yes sir, I've been keeping fishing since I was a kid. I've built tanks, sumps and all kinda systems before. I have kept several types of fish as well, just never kept ray due to space and all. I moved to the US 3 years ago and since then I've been moving every 12 months so I alwats find myself building tanks to then sell them so I was not going to spend all the money and time for big fish to later sell them. Now I'm engaged and buying a house so I'm hoping this will be permanent.
When I bought the house I made sure the office (where the tank will go) was on the first floor and that it had windows. I want to add an extra pipe just for water changes so it's easier.
Thanks for asking Ray!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Go big or go home...I'm trying to get my lady to agree on converting the pool.....yes you'll wish you had more space...and wish you built bigger. It's time to commit entirely or more on. I wasted so much time and resources on half steps.

These fish get large, even your marbles

Vincent Guerrero

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2017
Go big or go home...I'm trying to get my lady to agree on converting the pool.....yes you'll wish you had more space...and wish you built bigger. It's time to commit entirely or more on. I wasted so much time and resources on half steps.

These fish get large, even your marbles
Well, my lady has been kinda enough to let me get what i can fit in the office. She's fallen in live with the rays as well!

I'm trying to get something big, that also looks nice. I know I will do bare bottom just don't know if go with plywood or buy used glass. I have question though, will rays jump or leave the tank? is a Lid/cover really necessary?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store