Pelican knifefish

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yea. Oddball knife. Like barely lit tanks. No current. Needs pristine water. Sensitive to salt and meds. Can be a picky eater. Would make sure it’s eating at the live aquaria facility before buying.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I saw a m/f pair of them on another site for $200 less than what la charges.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
I saw a m/f pair of them on another site for $200 less than what la charges.
Liveaquaria is usually pretty expensive compared to other places. They are still selling zebra plecos for $350. The average price is significantly less than that today.

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
Yea. Oddball knife. Like barely lit tanks. No current. Needs pristine water. Sensitive to salt and meds. Can be a picky eater. Would make sure it’s eating at the live aquaria facility before buying.
Sounds like a freshwater moorish idol. They seem like a very interesting species though.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Just bumping bc I saw this pop up on liveaquaria again:

Yes I know liveaquaria is pricey especially for rare fish (more reasonable for more common fish on Divers Den).

What's the deal with these fish? Are they just expensive bc they are rare? Anyone on here kept them?

I'm always curious when I see expensive freshwater fish on Divers Den. The only other fish I see in this price range are rare plecos like the Zebra pleco or other L's that I can t think of off the top of my head (blue eyed panaque is another one that comes to mind).

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just bumping bc I saw this pop up on liveaquaria again:

Yes I know liveaquaria is pricey especially for rare fish (more reasonable for more common fish on Divers Den).

What's the deal with these fish? Are they just expensive bc they are rare? Anyone on here kept them?

I'm always curious when I see expensive freshwater fish on Divers Den. The only other fish I see in this price range are rare plecos like the Zebra pleco or other L's that I can t think of off the top of my head (blue eyed panaque is another one that comes to mind).
Rare type of knife. Esp a pair. Never kept them myself. I know others who have. Found in deeper water. So it cost more to obtain. Probably don’t travel well and feed well. Expensive to keep alive so the high cost.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store